colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

No Pain No Gain! (5)

Sunday, October 05, 2008 by , under

Crap! Most of my muscle ache from the waist down. Well, I expected it after the 5k run yesterday but I didn't know it's going to be this bad. My wife said I walk like a robot and I can hardly squat. Bending down to pick up stuffs could be a real challenge too.

Amazingly, Faye felt nothing, no muscle ache, nothing! What the heck?! Not that I wish she's in pain too but why me? She said she did more cardio training at the gym compare to me. Really?! Damn, I felt like a wuss.

Lesson learned, must train for next run and I should start soon because Faye spent sometime online last night to seek out 5k run around Houston in the coming months. She's very interested and determined to complete a 5k run below 30 minutes. Uh-oh!

Below are more photos from yesterday 5k run/walk.

Mom + Kids

All smile!

Pink Lady

Kid + kid

Mom + kids + friend?



|

5 Reply to "No Pain No Gain!"

S J Woon on October 8, 2008 at 10:32 PM

(opps...typos)

did you run and take pictures at the same time? unless you want to capture some high speed action, next time bring a compact lah... I don't know how cumbersome is your dSLR but there's a camera for every situation :0)

 

Colin Woon on October 9, 2008 at 12:02 AM

I took those pictures after our run, DSLR is definitely not easy to carry around. I forgot about the compact digital, ha!

 

funmama on October 22, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Yes, let me know if you guys know any other run.. I am interested in running too. I know the Arthristis Run is around November ,, let me check it out and let you guys know.

 

funmama on October 22, 2008 at 8:58 PM

http://www.tornadosrunningclub.com/Tornado_Outlook/Running_Events.htm

 

Colin Woon on October 22, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Cool! Thanks for the info, we will let you know if we're up for another run.

 

Post a Comment