colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Tie The Knot x 2 (15)

Friday, November 20, 2009 by , under

Congratulations are due for 2 cute couples! Tying the knot this December, Sandy and AS. And then in January, Kristy and CC. Both couples are good friends of ours for years. We're really glad this is finally happening.

Since pre-wedding photos are not common around here, something about groom isn't supposed to see future bride in wedding dress before they walk down the aisle. Some says doing so will cause bad luck, some says it's just another excuse created by guys so they don't have to go shopping for the dress with the girls ("Honey, is this ivory better than that ivory?" -_-! ). Whatever the reason is, no harm staying with tradition. So we just went for a casual outdoor photo shoot, something to make it a part of the wedding experience.

Beside, this will give me an opportunity to test out my new lens and sharpen my skills.

Sandy
#1 - A beautiful bride to be, Sandy. Who would have thought a walkway next to a construction site can be a good spot for photography.

Sandy & AS 1
#2

Sandy & AS 2
#3

Sandy & AS 3
#4 - "I will own you soon..." Sandy didn't say that, I did, hehehe...

Sandy & AS 4
#5 - I don't have anything to do with this pose, they thought of it and I like it!

Kristy
#6 - Another beautiful bride to be, Kristy. The reflected sunlight on the white wall makes great fill light.

Kristy & CC 1
#7

Kristy & CC 2
#8

Kristy & CC 3
#9



|

15 Reply to "Tie The Knot x 2"

米亚 on November 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Lovely photos! Your friends must be really lucky to have such professional photographer like you to take down all these beautiful moments... They both look really compatible dont they??? Congratulation to your friends...!

 

Bakeling on November 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM

So ,you can have your portrait photography make famous in the future !


Congratulation to the couples and looking forward for their wedding photos .

 

Colin Woon on November 22, 2009 at 2:07 AM

米亚 - Thank you! Professional photographer, I'm not but you definitely make my day! Yup, they both look really compatible, great match! I bet you and Alex will make great photography model, too bad I'm too far away...

Bakeling - Famous?! I can only hope but seems a bit far fetch. Hopefully I won't disappoint them with their wedding photos.

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on November 22, 2009 at 2:26 AM

drop to 3rd place liao..
Wah,these are so lovely photos, they are lucky to have you as a friend because they can get so awesome and professional photos without any charges, hehehe..
Maybe you should think to become Part time wedding cameraman, you can earn some money and at the same time enjoy photo shoting.
I like the last photo, to get bokeh background, have to set the "flower" function right?
And thanks to write down the details, and I'm gald that I'm able to read all these,also because of you, hahaha..

 

Cheryl on November 23, 2009 at 5:25 AM

These are all great pics. Gosh, you have good looking friends! The 4th, 5th and 9th photo are my favourites. Great capture Colin, such lively expressions :) I agree with everyone above, you should consider wedding photography and go pro.

 

WA Tan on November 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM

big congrats to the 2 couples... good to know that aik shii finally tied the knot :) and congrats to kristy also.
colin, you may consider being a full time photographer for a living...

 

Happyland on November 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Congratulation to your friends..! ^^
These are all great pictures.I like it so much
You are really superb !

 

Colin Woon on November 24, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Sonia - Thanks for your support! I'm lucky to have these good friends to model for me too. Hiring model is expensive! You're smart, learn quick, I'm glad that you know most camera setting info now, it should help in the future! The "Flower/Macro" function is useful to create bokeh for smaller subject, for people as subject, you can use the zoom plus low aperture value to create nice bokeh, you will have to stand further back too.

Cheryl - Thank you! Portraiture seems to be my favorite at the moment. Still a lot to improve before I can turn pro though. :)

 

Colin Woon on November 24, 2009 at 2:31 PM

WA Tan - Mr. Tan! Thanks for coming by buddy! Yeah man, Aik Shii finally tying the knot, pretty cool huh? And Kristy too! Pro photographer don't make much money unless they're really really good! For me, I will probably starve to death if I do that for food, hahaha... Thanks for your compliment man!

Happyland - Yup, very excited for them! Glad that you like these photos! All these wonderful comments made my day!

 

summer on November 25, 2009 at 2:41 AM

照片都蘊藏著幸福的味道呢:)

顔色搭配很搶眼,很好看:p

 

woolloomooloo on November 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM

aww congratulations to the two pairs of beautiful couples! :) we practice that 'groom not supposed to see the wedding dress' tradition in our family, too. i love the beautiful surprise moment that shines through the groom's face the first time he sees her bride in her wedding gown walk down the aisle... :) and i can't sign off without saying how amazing your photography is! i love your new lens! :) so beautiful :) you are such a pro, it's inspiring!! :) i really want to improve my photography...they're so amateurish :p
have a wonderful weekend to you and your wife!!!! :)) xoxo

 

温馨小屋 on November 30, 2009 at 3:31 AM

先恭喜这两对可爱又甜蜜的情侣....每张照片都拍得很美哦!

我结婚10周年,你来帮我拍10周年特辑....我用蛋糕跟你换....呵呵呵!!哈哈!

 

Shell (貝殼) on November 30, 2009 at 9:49 PM

好羡慕哦~~~有新镜头用
照片很美,新镜头物有所值。

 

kitkat929 on December 1, 2009 at 4:38 AM

很美哦~~
构图和颜色都很漂亮!

 

Colin Woon on December 4, 2009 at 5:36 PM

summer - 好辛福的两对! I'm glad that you like these photos.

woolloomooloo - I didn't think of the surprise moment when the groom see the bride in the gown for the first time. Good thing you pointed that out, I will make sure to capture that moment too. Thank you thank you! I love my new lens too, didn't know it will make that much of a difference in terms of color and contrast. Glad that you like it! Oh, c'mon, you're a great photographer. I like your "happy" and "cheerful" photography! Something I need to learn from you!

温馨小屋 - Sure! I will do anything for some cake or macaron from your kitchen!

Shell (貝殼) - Definitely 物有所值! Get one too!

kitkat929 - Thank you, buddy!

 

Post a Comment