colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Cards from Across the Pond... (9)

Thursday, March 18, 2010 by , under

Without a doubt, internet has brought us many ways to communicate, make it much easier too!

It is also the internet(plus a little bit of laziness of course) that has eliminate many traditional form of communication such as letters and cards, well, for me at least.

I admit, I have substitute letters and cards with emails, ecards, and now facebook messages. Yes, I'm that lazy...

Still, I'm very excited whenever I found a personal card in the pile of junk mail I received daily. Especially when the thoughtful cards are from thousands of miles away...across the Pacific pond...

Christmas Card 2009
This was last year Christmas greeting from our best friend, Yin Yin & Annie.

Christmas Card 2009
A greeting from a good old friend, H.C., whom I have known since college.

Chinese New Year Card
Here's one from Felvinc, a nice blogger and an amazing baker.

Chinese New Year Card
She even include a drawing from her son.

Chinese New Year Card
And one from Summer, another nice blogger, a student and a great writer.



Yin Yin, Anie, H.C., Felvinc, & Summer, thank you! We really appreciate the thoughts and the efforts in sending these wonderful cards to us!



|

9 Reply to "Cards from Across the Pond..."

Cheryl on March 19, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Snail (or real) mail! They are the best. :)

 

choi yen on March 19, 2010 at 2:44 AM

That will be very excited when receive those cards huh...

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on March 19, 2010 at 5:48 AM

I will also feel very excited if I received greeting cards, not many peoples are doing this right now. Next one will be from me, hehehe..

 

Bakeling on March 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Even if my friends send me cards ,I will ask them to send ecards. ( I would say " don't waste money to buy cards !)

Anyway , I like the first 3-D card .

 

Colin Woon on March 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Cheryl - I agreed! Gotta love the classic.

mimid3vils - Of course!

Sonia - Yup, not many now but still very much appreciated! Looking forward to your card...hehehe...

Bakeling - Nice of you to be considerate like that but not me...hahaha...

The first card is not a 3-D card, just good art work I think. I was surprised to see it came out in 3-D through the camera.

 

funmama on March 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM

You are right, internet really kill those creativity and the good feeling in receiving cards or letter from someone we know...
But back to reality, when there are too many cards and letters, we will have a headache too.. wanna keep them or toss them away??

 

温馨小屋 on March 22, 2010 at 5:57 AM

你真的把card post上来哦!儿子一看到就说:"啊!我画的哦!"...记得收好!搞不好哪天变值钱了呢!哈哈!

Sonia,下次我也寄给你!

 

summer on March 25, 2010 at 3:26 AM

虽然科技很发达了,但是总觉得实体的卡片还有亲手写的字句更能让人觉得温暖:)

 

Colin Woon on March 30, 2010 at 3:35 PM

funmama - Yeah, you're right. With real card, storage could be an issue but I don't have that many though.

温馨小屋 - Of course! I bet your son's drawing will become very valuable someday!

summer - Yup, handwritten one is still the best!

 

Post a Comment