colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

A Weekend in Seattle (12)

Friday, June 03, 2011 by , under

Seattle is the northernmost major city in the contiguous United States, and the largest city in the Pacific Northwest and the state of Washington (per Wikipedia), about 4.5hrs flight from Houston, TX.

Seattle was also the first destination of our 2 weeks trip. Though a short stay, it was great one for us.

Pike Place Market, Seattle.
Pike Place Market, a must go, said one of my friend. Great atmosphere, great food, plenty to explore, what not to like?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
The market overlook the Elliott Bay.




Raw tuna from one of the fish store. So buttery, so flavorful, so goood!




Yup, they sell boneless banana too!


"Really Freakin Sweet" - no kidding, we tried.



At Pike Place Market - First Starbucks
World first Starbucks is there too, still using the original logo.



|

12 Reply to "A Weekend in Seattle"

Anonymous on June 3, 2011 at 7:26 AM

woo.... i want to go! Nice photos.
(Colin, Jane here. I cant post my comment using google ac. No choice have to choose anonymous)

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on June 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Nice to see your update. Look at these nice photos, I feel like want to visit this place immediately.

 

卡珞 on June 5, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Colin, nice photos sharing... remind me about the Seattle trip I had in 2007. Btw, I'm just back from Austin, Texas. Didn't manage to make it to Houston, otherwise can meet you in person. :)

 

Michelle on June 5, 2011 at 9:32 PM

love the photos!! your pictures really say a lot about the place

 

MSKY on June 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM

love the color and the composition of the photos, nice !

boneless banana? haha

 

funmama on June 6, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Like that tulips store.. my favorite flowers.. so pretty..
Sure will visit this city since you got so many good comments about it..

 

Bakeling on June 8, 2011 at 2:10 AM

To share the joy of travel you had in Seattle !

 

若水 on June 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM

market is always my favourite place to shoot photos. I find that markets in Western countries are cleaner and more pleasant, compared to Malaysian ones.

 

Abbie C. on June 10, 2011 at 3:18 AM

wow,nice pictures from you Colin =)
I love those pretty tulips and those yummy strawberries,big lobsters make me drool..haha :P
hope I'll get a chance to visit Seattle too :)

 

温馨小屋 on June 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM

看到你这些照片很开心,知道你又去旅行了,应该还有更精彩的照片陆续传上来吧....

 

summer on August 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM

我可以要一束照片裏頭的鬱金香嗎?

著一組照片色彩很豐富:)讓人看了為之振奮!

 

Colin Woon on August 4, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Jane - It's definitely worth visiting if you are on this side of the globe. Weird issue with google a/c. I had that problem before too.

Sonia - Yeah, my recent schedule just doesn't allow me to blog much. Thanks for checking in!

卡珞 - Thank you! Let me know next time you're in Austin, my wife and I will go meet you!

Michelle - Thank you! It is an amazing place.

MSKY - Thank you! I learn a lot from you.

funmama - We love tulips too! Seattle is definitely a nice place to visit!

Bakeling - Traveling is always joyful!

若水 - Market is great for street photography, I love it too! Malaysia has some pretty interesting market to photograph too.

Abbie - Thank you! You will enjoy Seattle!

温馨小屋 - I'm glad that you like it! I have plenty of photos from the trip, too bad I still don't have much time to post it yet.

Summer - Sure you can!

 

Post a Comment