colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Photo Shoot - ST (7)

Thursday, July 17, 2008 by , under ,

I have never been to a photo shoot session. To gather with a bunch of photographers to shoot photos and sharing skills in the process is definitely something I would like to do.

Lucky for me I was invited to a photo shoot at Rice University by some friends last Sunday. A few friends volunteer to be our models. I really have to say bravo to the girls, bearing the heat and humidity of Houston's summer, they still manage to smile and post for us.

I definitely learn a lot from the experience. Received many useful pointers from one of the pro in the group too.

I have been busy with works lately so I rarely have time to post process all the shots yet. Here's the set of ST for now. As always, constructive criticism is always welcome and needed since this is my first set of portrait shots.

ST-2

ST-1

ST-3

ST-4

ST-5



|

7 Reply to "Photo Shoot - ST"

Petite Tish on July 18, 2008 at 6:32 AM

我最喜欢第四张,因为你捕捉到模特儿那自然美丽的笑容。:) 第三张的光线,我觉得刚刚好,焦点很自然的落在模特儿身上。模特儿的肤色在这里看起来很红润,和她绿色的衣服刚好有一点对比色。:)
第二张却因为背景的颜色,抢了模特儿的镜头。

 

Colin Woon on July 18, 2008 at 7:32 AM

Thank you! Thank you! This is exactly what I need, some pointers so I can improve.

The fourth is indeed my favorite too.

Now that you mention, I see the problem in the 2nd shot.

Thank you again!

 

BH on July 18, 2008 at 8:40 AM

The photos look good. Did you do any PP? I'll make sure I join you guys the next time.

#4 is my favorite too, her smile is very natural and pretty in that shot. I'm sure the she will like that one too.

In #3, only a little of her right eye is showing, that looks a bit strange. Would it be better if you move to capture both eyes? The angle would be just like #4. Just my thoughts...

 

Anonymous on July 20, 2008 at 4:15 PM

i like first pic..

keep shooting :-)

 

Colin Woon on July 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM

@ bhl

Thanks man! I did post processed the photos a little.

I agree with you on #3.



@melv
Thanks! It meant a lot coming from a professional photographer.

 

S J Woon on July 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM

i love how you've captured the hair detail on 3rd...

 

Colin Woon on July 23, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Didn't notice the hair detail very much until you mention it. Yeah, it's kinda cool that way.

 

Post a Comment