colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Wings (2)

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 by , under ,

I'm always fascinated by aviation photography, most probably fueled by my love for airplanes and fighter jet.

My passion for these amazing flying machines was introduced by my god parents when I visit them in Taiwan long long time ago. I was about 4' tall at that time maybe even shorter. My god father like to bring my younger brother and I to some bookstores, he like to read, a good habit he told us. There's where I found some colorful books with tons of amazing pictures of fighter jets. From then on I have collected many many books of jets and commercial airline. Admiring their beauty and studying their specification and capability has became a big hobby.

Though my passion for airplanes has kind of degraded a little over the years, mainly because I have found many other hobbies I like too, admiring airplanes is still my favorite.

These shots were taken in Intercontinental Airport Houston (IAH). I can't wait for the airshow this October, it'll be my first airshow with a DSLR, Oooo..., goose bump!

Embraer ERJ145
Embraer ERJ145. A regional jet produced by an aeronautical firm in Brazil.

Beoing 777
A British Airways' Boeing 777. A twin engines jumbo jet that has the capacity and range as much as the 747.



|

2 Reply to "Wings"

Anonymous on July 9, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Impressed by your knowledge of airplanes and its origin. I can only name 747! My Israeli neighbour next door used to be the maintenance crew of fighter jets back home.

 

Colin Woon on July 9, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Wow, cool neighbor you have! The Israeli Air Force has some of the most advance fighter jets and damn good fighter pilot. Hopefully I will get the chance to meet him when I visit you in Canada!

 

Post a Comment