colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Ready For CNY? (17)

Friday, January 22, 2010 by , under

CNY (Chinese New Year a.k.a Lunar New Year) is getting close. For those of us living in a country where CNY is not that big of a deal, certain food is a good reminder of such great day. Food like...

Kuih Kapit
These Kuih Kapit for instance. Bravo to the girls for enduring the frigid weather to make this!

Pineapple Tart Cookies
Faye's specialty, pineapple cookies, a family's recipe too! My photo just don't do justice for this yummy cookies.

Rumor has it, the girls are gathering to make some more CNY delicacy this weekend. Oh yeah!



|

17 Reply to "Ready For CNY?"

米亚 on January 22, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Hi Colin! Thank you for your comment! I love kuih kapit as much as the pineapple cookies aunt used to make us for CNY! I havent been celebrating CNY for nearly 4 years now... I truly miss home honestly! Miss the food of coz! hahaha... Happy CNY to you!

 

若水 on January 22, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Chinese New Year is nothing without those delicacies. I am having all of them this year,haha!

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on January 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Luckily your wife know how to make this, you are lucky !!

 

Bakeling on January 23, 2010 at 1:15 AM

How many pieces of those cookies have you popped them into your mouth before you take this photos ? hahahaha....!

 

Little Joann @ Houston on January 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM

The pineapple cookies are so delicious ! I am drooling now... Man, I miss it this time !

 

Shell (貝殼) on January 25, 2010 at 3:11 AM

Yes, i sudah get ready my stomach for pinapple cookies, 虾饼,Kuih Kapit, 蜜蜂蜗,peanut cookies, 龙扫饼........

 

funmama on January 25, 2010 at 7:52 AM

I am ready,,. ready for those yummy cookies especially my favorite---pineapple cookies

 

tigerfish on January 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I prefer to have my CNY back in California though. Do not enjoy the crowds here.

 

卡珞 on January 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Colin! It looks so yummy, I like kuih kapit a lot since childhood... I wish to have it for CNY too! Do you have any left for me? (saliva dropping)

 

summer on January 28, 2010 at 5:36 AM

新年快樂:p這些好吃的糕餅絕對也會感染到農曆新年的氣氛哦:p

 

温馨小屋 on January 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Yes!!花红我拿了!年货我办了!新衣我买了!只有饼干还在做!哈哈!
我看这些饼干不用到新年你就吃光光了!哈哈哈!!

 

choi yen on January 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM

so good, u only sit & wait those yummy cookies to be ready, then can eat eat eat!!! haha ^.^

 

summer on January 29, 2010 at 3:20 AM

by the way, would you mind to send me your address to little_summer2002@hotmail.com?wana send you cny card :p

 

Happyland on February 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM

so good you have such delicious cookies~
Early wish from me...Happy CNY to you and your lovely wife! ^_^

 

melv on February 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM

the food looks good!

 

Cheryl on February 26, 2010 at 6:24 AM

These two are my absolute favourite cookies for CNY. Happy Tiger Year to you and your loved ones!

 

Colin Woon on March 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM

米亚 - Go back for CNY next year, I bet you will enjoy it!

若水 - Don't make envy you even more, hahaha...

Sonia - Yup, lucky me!

Bakeling - I ate many before and after I took the photos...hehehe...

Joann - You went back to Malaysia for CNY, you didn't miss anything!

Shell - Oh so envious!

funmama - Did you enjoy it?

tigerfish - I don't like the crowd too but I do miss my family.

卡珞 - It's all in my stomach now...hahaha...

summer - Happy CNY to you too!

温馨小屋 - I bet there's a lot of nice New Year treats at your house.

mimid3vils - Yup, that's perfect!

Happyland - Thank you! Same to you too!

melv - Thanks!

Cheryl - Happy New Year to you too!

 

Post a Comment