colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Frosty Washington DC (14)

Friday, January 15, 2010 by , under

Friend: Why haven't you posted your DC trip photos?
Me: Errr...
Friend: Lazy or busy?
Me: ...

Well, here it is...at long last...

Reflection Pond
#1 - Frigid temperature, gloomy sky, not a good day to tour Washington, DC. Overcast was so low, we can't even see the top of the Washington Monument from Lincoln Memorial.

Lincoln Memorial
#2 - The MAN!

Snow in DC
#3 - Definitely sub-zero temperature here.

Korean War Veteran Memorial
#4 - Korean War Veteran Memorial.

Potomac River
#5 - Potomac River is beyond these trees.

Washington Monument
#6 - Washington Monument.

Dome
#7 - The dome inside Capitol Hill.

Capitol Hill
#8 - And the dome from the outside.

Errr...
#9 - Hehehe...



|

14 Reply to "Frosty Washington DC"

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on January 15, 2010 at 3:47 AM

me back to 1st place !!

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on January 15, 2010 at 3:48 AM

I like all the shots especially the last one, hahaha..

 

summer on January 15, 2010 at 3:57 AM

if the last picture can see the real people face,will be better~hehe,show us :)

 

Bakeling on January 15, 2010 at 4:55 AM

I only like the 1,3,5,7 and 8 photos ! There are just like postcards ! I love most is #5 ! 它能打动我的心 !

 

Shell (貝殼) on January 15, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I like 3 , 4 ,5 & 7~` me very greedy hoh~嘿嘿

 

Colin Woon on January 15, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Sonia - Thanks for the support! I like the last photo too...hahaha...

Summer - Last photo is on my facebook's profile photo album, go check it out there!

Bakeling - Postcard like?! Wow! You have made my day! Thank you!

Shell - I'm glad you like them, Michelle. Greedy is good! Hehehe...

 

Petite Tish on January 15, 2010 at 9:32 PM

哎哟,干嘛把你们的脸都遮起来?真人实际上比面具好看多了嘛,哈!

 

若水 on January 16, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Wow, now i really miss the winter i used to complaint about.

Great series of photo, I like the way you use monochrome to create the sense of "frostiness".

 

choi yen on January 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Another feel of the Washington DC~~~Covered by snow~~

 

MSKY on January 19, 2010 at 5:48 AM

the last photo, very cute, hehe

 

温馨小屋 on January 22, 2010 at 3:16 AM

肯定是喜欢最后一张啦!哈哈!
第一张很赞!

 

Colin Woon on January 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Petite Tish - Hahaha...I thought last photos is more cute this way, no? :)

若水 - Yeah, I miss summer during winter and vice versa. We're human...hahaha... Glad that you like these photos. I thought B+W is the best way to show a rather dull or gloomy photos.

mimid3vils - Yup, I agreed! I've been to DC many times but I have never seen it covered in snow.

MSKY - Hahaha...you like too huh?

温馨小屋 - Last photo is just for fun! Glad that you like it! :)

 

BoonHong on January 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I like your artitics style of photography. I would happily accept the offer that you want to take pictures of our kids. Actually, I am thrilled. Heheheh,I have seen your work before because I am a loyal reader of your blog. Remember your offer even if we have to pay for the sitting.

 

TaRa Tan on February 11, 2010 at 9:50 AM

ha....the last one! I like it too!! cute~

 

Post a Comment