colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Dam!!! (6)

Monday, March 16, 2009 by , under ,

Dam, the Hoover Dam. Yup, we visited the Hoover Dam, which is about 30 miles from Las Vegas. It's a electric-power generating station that provides power to some part of Arizona and California.

This was the world largest electric-power generating station when it was completed in 1935. Today, this is only the 35th largest - man, I couldn't imagine how is the largest dam going to look like.

No, we didn't take the DamnDam tour - mom and Faye weren't interested, might be too technical, or so they say.

Small River
That's Colorado River at the bottom of Hoover Dam which is also the state line between Arizona and Nevada. Notice the new bypass bridge under construction which is intended to reduce the traffic congestion at the dam.

Slope
I wonder if someone has run down that slope before.

Hoover Dam
That's the power station at the bottom of the dam, 700 feet down!

Lake Meads
Lake Mead - the lake behind the dam.



|

6 Reply to "Dam!!!"

Bakeling on March 17, 2009 at 12:52 AM

It's beautiful ! Great pictures !

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on March 17, 2009 at 7:34 AM

You are a great camera man, the photos are awesome.
How to show my Switzerland photos, they are so poor quality...

 

Colin Woon on March 17, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Bakeling - Thank you! It was a good day to take photos there.

Emile - Great camera man?! Wow, such a compliment! Thank you! I employ the help of photoshop a lot. I like your Switzerland photos, I don't think its of poor quality. Maybe I can let you know some of my photoshop tricks, look for it in your email.

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on March 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Colin, Thank you so much for sharing, I will check out my email later.
Actually I didnt use any tool to enchance my photos, all are purely came out from camera, original one.

 

卡珞 on April 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Hoover Dam! Oh my goodness, how great it is! I didnt' really spend much time at this dam, it was under construction during my trip to Grand Canyon. Any photos sharing of Grand Canyon from you?

 

Colin Woon on April 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM

卡珞 - Ya, I have a panoramic photos of the Grand Canyon here

http://colinwoon.blogspot.com/2009/01/grand-canyon.html

 

Post a Comment