colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Good Food at Good Price, Really? (14)

Monday, July 20, 2009 by , under ,

A lot of "zy" and "sy" had kept me away from blogosphere in the past weeks or so. You know the "zy" and "sy" right? Yes, it's lazy and busy...hehehe...

Anyhoo, I think I'm back or at least until I'm summoned to save the world again...(yeah right, keep dreaming Colin)...

Since I don't have time to mess with any photos I have taken recently, here are some taken many moons ago which I conveniently forgot to post, as usual...

Papa-Dough
We were told about this good deal at Pappadeaux (pronounced papa-dough) Seafood Restaurant. Didn't take us long to get there. By the way, these deals were over months ago, hopefully it will come back next year.

Crawfish
$3.95/lb of crawfish includes corn and potatoes. Crawfish also known as mudbugs, crawdads, crayfish, yabbies...depending on where you live. I think they call it "little lobster" in China. The meat is a little bit rough and tough compare to shrimp meat, though not as tasty as shrimp, it's still very good. Crawfish are usually boil with many spices with potatoes and corn. If I recall correctly, we consumed 4 lb of this spicy crustaceans that night.

Oyster
$3.95 for a dozen of oyster. Need I say more? A very satisfactory meal at a very good price indeed. A little note to self about this photo, next time take the time to turn the oyster(the one in the middle) around to show the meat, a photo of the shell is not interesting to look at. Another case of "I'm too hungry, lets hurry up and put the camera away..."...*sigh*...


Last 2 photos of the crawfish and oyster were taken with a Sigma 10-20mm lens on loan from my boss. I think this lens perform well, the edges is a bit soft(due to distortion) but I think that's common with most wide angle lens. I didn't keep the lens for long so I didn't get some wide angle outdoor shot which should be pretty cool. Do I need a lens like this? YES, I DO! Anybody interested in donating to this good cause, please email me...hehehe...



|

14 Reply to "Good Food at Good Price, Really?"

温馨小屋 on July 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

我也是跟你一样!LAZY AND BUSY !!哈哈!
照片拍得很棒哦!看到那些crayfish我都快流口水了!

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on July 20, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Long waiting post, as usual, nice photo and nice foods. Never try crawfish before, but I saw a same one in a 'Know Sweden"'s book, my previous Swedish boss gave this book to me. Sorry lah, I myself also waiting for someone to donate a new camera for me, hehehe..am a bit blur on all the technical terms you stated also.

 

Petite Tish on July 21, 2009 at 4:20 AM

我觉得crawfish肉少且质感柴柴的,又要剥硬壳,吃起来太麻烦了,嘻嘻。你好像去哪里都带着你的摄影器材哦,我就懒得很,所以技术没有进步,哈!

 

summer on July 21, 2009 at 4:45 AM

我的生活也有很多zy 和 sy~:(
但是不管多麽忙碌,有美食感覺還是很好的~:)

 

Colin Woon on July 21, 2009 at 9:33 AM

温馨小屋 - Lazy and busy...aren't we all...hahaha...
Thank you for your compliment.

Sonia - Yup, it's been a while since my last post. They have crawfish in Sweden too?! Wow! I have no idea. Don't worry about the technical terms yet, you will learn about it when you're exposed more to photography.

HK - You described crawfish meat the best, I've been trying to find words to do just that. Faye and I like it because it's a seasonal thing, and if the spices are done right, it could be very tasty. That's true, my camera bag follow me almost everywhere, hahaha...

summer - Yup, yup, good food is a good source of happiness! I hope we all can get out of both zy and sy soon...hehehe....

 

若水 on July 21, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Too few photos for this delicious post!
Better don't be lazy next time, hehe!

 

Shell (貝殼) on July 22, 2009 at 2:58 AM

i also need a lens like this..why we always have the feeling of short of one lens in our bag?

 

米亚 on July 22, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Hi Colin! You updated the post at the right time cause I just came back not long ago! I like mudbugs too but they can be pretty tedious too (if I happen to wear nice on that night) hehe... good shot! Are you getting one of these lens soon? Cool!

 

choi yen on July 22, 2009 at 4:22 AM

crawfish have hard shell like lobster too?

 

Colin Woon on July 22, 2009 at 9:38 PM

jdexign - Hahaha...too few photos because I was too busy eating...

Shell - Don't we all need some new lens...hahaha...

米亚 - Good to know that you're back! Looking forward to your trip post. Yup, mudbugs could be tedious, I always where dark cloths whenever I have them. Ya...I want a new lens like that but short of cash now...wanna donate?

mimid3vils - Crawfish shell is somewhat like shrimp shell, not as hard as lobster shell though.

 

Happyland on July 23, 2009 at 9:11 AM

很久没见了,呵呵。
很忙很忙吧!?
真高兴又可以见到你的美照了!^^
那些美味可口的食物看得我口水直流哦~

 

Bakeling on July 23, 2009 at 12:47 PM

A midnight viewer like me , it is supposed supper time but just look at the picture and drool !:(

Yes , I am really interested to have a look of the oyster flesh itself ! Yummy !

 

Colin Woon on July 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Happyland - Yeah...it's been a while...like I said, lazy and busy...hahaha...

Bakeling - Too bad I screwed up that oyster shot...lesson learned...

 

Selba on July 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Nice pictures!

 

Post a Comment