colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Good Time (15)

Saturday, September 05, 2009 by , under ,

Good time is hanging out with a bunch of good friends on a warm Saturday evening.

Better yet, a gathering with plenty of delicious food such as chicken wings, satay, bacon wrapped shrimp, bacon wrapped stuffed with cream cheese Jalapenos, grill beef and pork, agar-agar, crème brûlée, etc. nicely prepared by Faye, Min, BK, and Joann. It will be nice if I can back those awesome foods with some photos(except the satay), well, I have failed you again.

Satay
Love satay, always had, and always will. Especially when the recipe has been perfected by our friend, BK & Joann. BK has offered to teach me how to prepare it but I kindly refuse and promoted him to be our dedicated satay chef! Smart plan, right? Hehehe...



|

15 Reply to "Good Time"

米亚 on September 5, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Oh man... this looks so delicious! Satay is one of my food...! Did you guys do it yourself on a BBQ tray? It looks like those sold in the market... yum! Btw... I am ahead of Sonia today! I am the FIRST... hurray!

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on September 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Aiyah, I drop to 2nd place...

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on September 5, 2009 at 10:54 PM

You listed down so many foods but only share one Satay photo, I guess you must be very hungry when see all those foods, and forgot to take those pictures.. The satay make me drooling, look really MY sytle of satay, both of your friend who prepared this satay are from MY?

 

Bakeling on September 6, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Why only sate 吊我们的瘾 ?
Luckily the sate meat is quite big piece and 真材实料 !

 

Nancymommy on September 6, 2009 at 12:46 AM

where is the "ice kacang"?

satay 要有 ice kacang 才算是完美的组合...哈哈..

 

若水 on September 6, 2009 at 5:54 AM

抗議﹗抗議﹗有那麼多美食卻只拿沙爹和我們分享...

 

Colin Woon on September 7, 2009 at 12:59 AM

米亚 - You're ahead of Sonia! She might have overslept today...hehehe... We grill the satay using a BBQ gas grill, turns out pretty good.

Sonia - What happened? Did you overslept and lose to 米亚 today? Hahaha... I was busy grilling the food, by the time I'm done grilling, half the food were gone and it doesn't look good for photography, ha! Yes, our friend who prepare the satay is from Malaysia. In fact, most of our friends at that gathering are from Malaysia.

Bakeling - The satay is definitely 真材实料! I'm sure our friend spent a lot of time preparing it. I wish I have photos of other food too.

Nancymommy - "Ice Kacang"?! I miss it so much! You're right, satay defintely goes well with ice kacang". Too bad we couldn't find a good ice kacang machine here, it would be nice!

jdexign - Sorry man, maybe more photos next time, ha!

 

summer on September 7, 2009 at 3:52 AM

呵呵,這招很好用~就是不要學起來,那就永遠有藉口要人家煮~呵呵,很妙哦~;)

很贊同最享受的事就是和幾個三五好友享用美食之餘還可以聊個沒完沒了,輕鬆呢~:)

 

温馨小屋 on September 9, 2009 at 7:43 AM

哇!很棒的satay哦!...
我上个星期日也自己弄satay...但是看起来没有你朋友做得好吃!
你不要学,也可以叫你朋友分享recipe嘛!!别忘了我们这些“师奶”要学leh !

 

Colin Woon on September 10, 2009 at 7:59 AM

summer - hehehe...that's my trick...I'm lazy...hehehe... Hanging out with close friends is always fun especially for us when family are far away.

温馨小屋 - Definitely 很棒的 satay! I bet the satay you made is as good if not better, you're just being humble. Let me see if I can get the recipes for you.

 

choi yen on September 22, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Make me drooling at this "hard time" :(

 

TINTIN on October 2, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Looking at your satay pic already make my saliva dripping already!! Nice shot and I bet the satay are great too!!! Wish u and yr family 中秋节快乐!!!

 

Bakeling on October 3, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Wishing you a Happy Mid Autumn Festival !

And having a good time too !

 

Uncle Phil on October 3, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Greetings from Sydney.
Cheers,
Phil

 

3 hungry tummies on November 3, 2009 at 12:44 AM

very nice looking satay :) must make this soon!

 

Post a Comment