colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Houston Downtown (6)

Monday, October 05, 2009 by , under ,

The mission - to capture some early sunrise photo of downtown Houston.

Time - Saturday morning, 5:30am.

Weapon of choice - breakfast + strong coffee + outdated DSLR with kit lens (EF-S 18-55mm IS)

Outcome - failure, kind of. The sun was blocked by some nasty cloud.

Solution - try it again some other time.

The good thing was that we bumped into "Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure" annual run and captured some photos there, which I will post later.

Hopefully I can get back into blogging and photography more often.

Houston Downtown Early Morning
This one is captured before sunrise. The color of the sky was gray which makes the photos kind of bleh...so I desaturated it.

Houston Downtown Early Morning HDR
Another captured before sunrise but I use HDR (High Dynamic Range) processing to make it pop. Yes? No?

Houston Downtown Evening HDR
I went back to the same spot at 6pm for another shot. The sky is still gray but this time, with rain. So I took a few shot and left. Just not a day for photography.



|

6 Reply to "Houston Downtown"

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on October 5, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Yeah, me first !!!

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on October 5, 2009 at 4:37 AM

Hmmm, for me, I prefer the last one at 6pm,like a postcard. Suggest you check weather forecast before you go for next time, hehehe..

 

Bakeling on October 5, 2009 at 5:13 AM

哈哈哈哈哈 ! Sonia ,that's really a good suggestion !

I like the second 1 !

 

若水 on October 7, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I always wanted to try HDR photography but could hardly find a chance.The effect looks good!

 

温馨小屋 on October 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM

第二张照片拍得好漂亮哦!
有时候天气不好也会影响拍照的心情...

 

Colin Woon on October 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Sonia - It's not hard to be the first to comment on my blog, hahaha...glad that you enjoyed it! Yup yup, will trust the weather forecast next time.

Bakeling - Actually I did check the weather but I was hoping the forecast was wrong like 75% of the time.

jdexign - Thanks man! Glad that you like it. HDR is not everybody cup of tea, I know a lot of people who don't like it.

温馨小屋 - Thank you! You're right, weather will definitely affect photographer mood.

 

Post a Comment