colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

100th Post?! (19)

Thursday, October 08, 2009 by , under

Who would have thought I will make the 100th blog post? Sometime I do surprise myself.

The next milestone 1000th post...at my rate, that will probably takes 10 years. What will happen 10 years later, blogging might be a thing of the past, or would it?

For this special post, I must post something happy, unlike the last post of Houston Downtown, so depressing.

What's better than happy kids photos? Took this a couple of weeks ago. JP & Min want some photos of their kids, Janine, Benjamin, and Adrien in Halloween costume. "SURE!", I said.

Again, these are NOT my kids. Just in case you're wondering.

#1
#1 - Benjamin as a bumble bee, Adrien as a kangaroo, Janine as a ladybird.

#2
#2 - Priceless laugh.

#3
#3 - Say cheese, he did, with every muscle on his face.

#4
#4

#5
#5 - Taking photos of kids are very tiring mainly because they don't stay put but when I captured a moment like this, it's very very rewarding.

#6
#6 - Both looking at camera, a very rare moment.

#7
#7

#8
#8

#9
#9

#10
#10 - The girl who smile with her eyes.



|

19 Reply to "100th Post?!"

Bakeling on October 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Happy children with smiling faces ?

I wonder how did you make them smile like sunshine ?

Congratulation on the 100 post ! Keep it up ,brother !

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on October 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Congratulation on the 100posts !!! Mine post, more than you lar...not sure, how long I can write post in my blog..
Very impressed with your work on catching their lovely smiling faces, well done.

 

summer on October 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

小孩都很可爱呢:)笑得很开怀~

拍摄小孩还真不容易呢,但是这些捕捉的镜头都很好看:)

 

温馨小屋 on October 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

100th post !!恭喜恭喜!我的还差几个post就到100了...我现在可以开始想想要怎么给第100个post留纪念...哈哈!
这里的每张照片我都喜欢,我最喜欢看到孩子的笑容,那么的真那么的可爱....

 

Florence on October 9, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Congratz for reach 100th post ! between...those kids really so cute...nice shooting..i like it :)

 

~仪仪妈咪~ on October 9, 2009 at 1:39 AM

他们都很可爱哦,个个都笑得很美丽!!恭喜你咯100个贴了!!

 

MSKY on October 9, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Great shots, natural expression.

 

Cheryl on October 9, 2009 at 3:06 AM

These are all great pics! Picture 2 and 3 is my favourite. But picture 2 win HANDS DOWN for best expression! What cutie pies! :D

Definately enlarge-and-frame-it-HUGE worthy. Well done Colin!

Ps: Have you purchased extra flash guns for this studio set up? Please tell > . <

 

Colin Woon on October 12, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Bakeling - Thank you! We just let them play around so the smile will be as natural as possible, not easy though.

Sonia - Thank you! Of course you have much more post than me, you have so many nice food to share!

summer - Thank you! Kid smile is contagious, very fun to capture them through the lens.

温馨小屋 - Thank you! Looking forward to your 100th post! 你家少爷的笑容也非常可爱!

 

Colin Woon on October 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Florence - Thank you! Capturing photos of kids are tiring but it's fun!

~ 仪仪妈咪 ~ - Thank you! 小孩的笑都很可爱!

MSKY - Thank you!

 

Colin Woon on October 12, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Cheryl - Thank you! They're very lovely cutie pie! Frame worthy?! Cool!

For these shots. 1 flash on the camera and 2 remotely triggered flashes. I own 2 of the flashes, 1 is borrowed. Man, photography can be expensive...hahaha...

 

米亚 on October 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

These photos are lovely Colin! They are like those kids on Panadol suspension packaging (if you know what I mean)! hehe... Kids are really cute... when are you having one? soon?

 

Cheryl on October 13, 2009 at 3:41 AM

I will be purchasing my own 580ex soon. Huhuhu... can't wait :P Aih, so envious of your flash setup. > . <

Again, these photos are very well captured, a natural smile is by no means easy. This may be your special photo talent Colin!

 

Lene Goh on October 13, 2009 at 9:29 PM

i didnt have time to do blog anymore. Now busy with going in n out of hospital. Also recently broke off with him.

 

Anonymous on October 19, 2009 at 12:53 AM

hi colin, happy 100th post!!! :) and awww these are super cute!! and amazing shots, too!! do you have studio setup at home? :) what a talented photographer you are! :)
have a great week ahead to you and your wifey! xoxo :)

 

Colin Woon on October 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM

米亚 - Thank you! Glad that you like it! I really enjoy kid photography, love their smiles. Panadol suspension packaging?! Not sure what that is, I'm guessing some advertising thingy?

Having kids?! Not anytime soon. I can't even take care of myself, let alone a kid, ha!

 

Colin Woon on October 19, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Cheryl - A 580EX?! Yay! I'm excited for you! You will love it! Don't envy my flash setup because I cry every time I look at my bank account.

Kids photography might be my talent?! I sure hope so because it's so much fun. But then these are kids I know well, they're really comfortable around me which could be a factor for these natural capture.

 

Colin Woon on October 19, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Charlene Goh - Sorry to hear about that! Get well soon and take care!

 

Colin Woon on October 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM

woolloomooloosky - Thank you! I have some portable studio kit which is what I used for these shots. A lot of hit and miss when it comes to kids photography but I enjoy every second of it.

Have a good week ahead of you too! :)

 

Post a Comment