colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Playing With Lights (11)

Monday, April 05, 2010 by , under

Photography is in fact light capture. Something I've been trying to learn in the past two and half years. So many things to learn, so little time...

Pooh
Pooh sitting there, unwillingly, while I snap away.

Unwilling Pooh
My "simple" lighting setup, that's all I can get with my limited budget. Talking about that, I'm accepting donation for a new camera...be generous!

Note to self - Master flash(E-TTL) on camera with GF diffuser pointing up, flash on left(remotely triggered, group B), flash on right(remotely triggered, group C).



|

11 Reply to "Playing With Lights"

ipohkid™ on April 5, 2010 at 5:12 PM

wow wow wow…………^o^

 

Bakeling on April 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM

So , this is your studio ?
You "simple" studio is so much better than " don't have a studio !"

What is the surface of the black umbrella ?

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on April 5, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Wor!! this look exactly like a pro studio, I wish I can have one in my house, dream first!!

 

Shell (貝殼) on April 6, 2010 at 4:41 AM

I've bought a flash, sb-600 about half a year ago. But, hardly use it and don't really know how to use it as well=.=

 

mia on April 6, 2010 at 8:43 AM

wah!!! is that your personal studio? looks really cool!!! I would love to learn more about photo-shooting from you too!

 

卡珞甜蜜屋 on April 6, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Colin, if one day I can make it to Houston, I wish to stop by your impressive studio. I show your studio photo to my honey... I know that he has been dream for it too!

 

choi yen on April 7, 2010 at 4:13 AM

it's very pro already, don;t be too greedy, haha!!

 

Petite Tish on April 8, 2010 at 8:13 AM

真是太羡慕了⋯⋯ 羡慕你的器材,羡慕你家有这么大的空间⋯⋯ 实在是令人太羡慕了⋯⋯

 

Colin Woon on April 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM

iPoHKiD - :)

Bakeling - That's actually our media room where we watch movies, the backdrop is actually a projector screen. That's the only room in the house where I can do temporary studio setup. The outside of the umbrella is just regular black umbrella material, the inside is reflective silver surface.

Sonia - It only looks like pro setup but it's not. You can have such setup at home, just tell your husband.

Shell - SB-600 is very good, you should give it a try some day.

mia - It's our media room/part time studio. I can share some of my limited photography knowledge, I doubt I'm good enough to teach you, ha!

卡珞甜蜜屋 - You and your husband are always welcome here! Now that you know what your husband want, that's easy when it comes to his birthday.

mimid3vils - I have a entry level DSLR...need to upgrade...very soon... :P

Petite Tish - I'm envious of you having a daughter who love you so much!

 

温馨小屋 on April 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM

看到这些,想起我阿公,以前我阿公家很大,也有一个很大的studio拍照和打band用的,背景是那种美美的风景,也有哪种黑色的雨伞之类的....还有一个小小间的洗相房。不过阿公过世有27年了!

 

Colin Woon on April 13, 2010 at 10:00 PM

温馨小屋 - Your grandfather must be a serious professional photographer! Those are some pretty impressive equipments even in today's standard, so cool!

 

Post a Comment