colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Recharged! (12)

Monday, December 01, 2008 by , under ,

We're back from vacation! Back from some really great times, fully recharged and back to work(so I can make more money for more vacations)!

I'm really glad I get to travel with my mom on this trip and bring her some experiences which I wasn't able to many years ago when I was still a poor student. The last time mom came to US was for my graduation, at that time I didn't have enough money to bring her anywhere, I'm just happy I could do much more for her this time.

The chance to travel with my wife again is awesome! It's been many moons since we last travel to some cool place, we were itching for a great trips! More trips coming up soon, oh yeah!

Beside the wonderful trip we also get the chance to hang out with our great old friend, Siew Yee, whom we hardly see since she move to San Francisco from Texas. We missed her! To Siew Yee if you're reading this, thanks for the hospitality and taking off days to bring us around, we had a lot of fun! And like your Terminator governor will say, "I'll be back!"

Another person I get the chance to hang out with is my college roommate, Gary, whom I have not seen for 12 years. He was on a company trip to US and made a detour to SF to meet us. He definitely brought back some good old memories of college. To Gary if you're reading this, dude, thanks for making the trip to SF, it's great to catch up and hang out with you! Congratulation again for being a father hopefully we will meet again soon!

Winglet
I'm usually very excited when I'm on the flight towards a vacation destination. The anticipation of great times and the relieve from leaving works behind usually get me very pumped up. This is the winglet of the 737-800 we took to San Francisco. The winglet could aid in climb performance as well as stability control from turbulent air created by other aircraft.

Orange Bridge
This shot was taken on one of the ridge in Golden Gate Recreational Area during sunset hour. See the fog moving in from the right side? Pretty amazing view! I have tons of photos from the trip to process and upload, I just wish I have more time in hand.




|

12 Reply to "Recharged!"

Petite Tish on December 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM

歡迎回來,相片都拍得好好!非常期待更多的相片分享。
新年會回來吧?甚麼時候?1月中旬?

 

Anonymous on December 2, 2008 at 7:52 PM

hey colin... really nice blog!
yeah, sure was good to catch up on ol times again... hopefully we won't have to wait another 12 years to meet again!
take care bro.
btw, awesome shot of the bay area dude!

 

Colin Woon on December 2, 2008 at 8:54 PM

Petite Tish - Thanks! Yes, your guess is right, we will be back around middle of January. We will see you then!

Gary - Thanks man! Hopefully it won't be another 12 years until we meet again! Stay in touch buddy.

 

Anonymous on December 3, 2008 at 5:43 PM

shame on me to visit your blog for the first time ... hehe

great stuff this blog.

i'll see you in taipei in jan!

 

Colin Woon on December 3, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Siew Yee - I'm glad that you like my blog, come check it out when you have time, I will try to update it as often as I could.

See you in Taipei! Let us know once you have booked your ticket.

 

Anonymous on December 4, 2008 at 8:18 AM

hey colin and faye, really admire you guys...sure wish to have the time and money to travel every so often :~) shame on me too, traced your blog via the email that you sent. i am very very impressed the first time when i visited your site...that is why i am tempted to visit for the 2nd time (this time) and think i should leave a mark here, like i am doing now...cheers...post more photos please, at least enough for the less fortunate one (like me) to admire the funs and excitement...

 

Colin Woon on December 4, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Wooi Aun - Thanks for checking out my blog buddy!

Dude, I'm sure you can travel if you wanted to, you can use those piles & piles of money you have save up in the bank.

I appreciate all comments so leave a comments whenever you see fit, keep me motivated.

 

Anonymous on December 4, 2008 at 7:39 PM

hello...seems like you are keeping up with comments posted in your blog pretty good. another remark...i am truly impressed with your photography skills, i would say all the shots here are well snapped. On the flip side, i do know what is the percentage of these compare to those you have taken...chuckle...hehe...

 

Kwee Hoon on December 16, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Just found out your blog ....really nice blog, write more and post more pictures !!!!

 

Colin Woon on December 17, 2008 at 1:06 AM

WA - Thanks for the compliment. Ya, I do take plenty of bad photos, part of the process.

Kwee Hoon - Thanks for stopping by! Will post more soon!

 

Anonymous on December 22, 2008 at 3:28 AM

traveled again! hahaha... :-)


heyy, happy aniversary bro. ;-) one year dy...

 

Colin Woon on December 22, 2008 at 7:31 AM

Thanks Melv! Wow, you remember! I almost forgot our wedding anniversary, ha! Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment