colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Are We Nuts?! (15)

Sunday, May 17, 2009 by , under

A pilot once ask me "Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly fine airplane?", implying that skydiving is just crazy. Or is he too chicken to try?

Then, I wasn't sure what was I thinking when I agreed to tried tandem jump. As I brought the news home to the girls, I was thinking they will probably chicken out and maybe provide me an excuse to reject the invitation. To my surprise I was greeted with multiple "YES!" with the utmost enthusiasm, Uh Oh...

This actually happened 3 years ago, there were Faye, Zoe, Yee, Kristy and me. Zoe and Yee are my sisters-in-law, Kristy is our common friends. 4 girls and 1 guy, and I'm the only nervous wreck, so embarrassing.

Anyhow, we did it, you jump, I jump, we all jump, and we survived. Did I regret it? No, it was actually kinda fun! The adrenaline rush and the thrill was a totally new experience. Would I do it again? Errr...let just leave it at "It's too expensive!"


Yee's video was chosen for this post because hers was the most interesting jump of us all with the craziest tandem instructor. A back flip exiting the plane, rotate right(can't even count how many times), rotate left(more?), followed by a perfect landing. I'm just glad I didn't have the same tandem instructor, I will probably puke my guts out if that's the case. By the way, you won't see Faye and I in this video because we were on the next plane up.


Anyway, it was Yee mentioning something about skydiving prompted me to dig out this 3 years old video. As I was watching this video, I pretty much relive the whole experience and wonder why didn't post this? Well, that's because I don't have a blog 3 years ago, ha!

*Edit - Added the same video on the blogger server because Vimeo server is a bit slow for some.



|

15 Reply to "Are We Nuts?!"

MSKY on May 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Skydiving is awesome, we like it!
Our skydiving video - http://mskydream.blogspot.com/2007/12/skydiving.html

 

若水 on May 17, 2009 at 3:26 PM

that's awesome!! The videographer was steady to capture the video. Cool!!

 

funmama on May 17, 2009 at 7:38 PM

it is good to have that kind of experience.... I wish I have that courage too...

 

Colin Woon on May 17, 2009 at 8:20 PM

MSKY - I really like yours skydiving video, the view in the sky is awesome!

jdexign - Yeah, the videographer was really good, the best out of the 5 we had that day.

funmama - I was forced to have the courage by the girls in my house...hahaha...

 

Pei on May 18, 2009 at 1:05 AM

You are not nuts, just that I don't have the guts to try this out,at least not at this juncture :)

 

Nancymommy on May 18, 2009 at 3:04 AM

哇...爽耶...人生很难得的经验啊!我要是有机会我也要去跳一次..

 

米亚 on May 18, 2009 at 4:16 AM

Hm... I am getting old, extreme sports like that shall leave it to the young ones... hahhaha!

 

Colin Woon on May 18, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Pei - I thought I was nuts because I really didn't have the guts to do it but did it anyway. :)

Nancy - It will be an interesting experience!

米亚 - OLD?! You? Huh?

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on May 18, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Too bad, I couldn't view the video (dont know what went wrong with my notebook). Anyway, if got this kind of chance, I sure will try it. But must with my husband, I will tell him "You jump, I jump", hahaha..

 

温馨小屋 on May 18, 2009 at 9:03 AM

OMG!!!OMG!!
好刺激哦!我也是跟米亚一样,感觉老了!不敢试了!如果十年前或许我会试!哈哈哈!!

 

Colin Woon on May 18, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Sonia - "You jump I jump" hahaha...you going to start calling your husband "Jack" like in Titanic? Hahaha...

By the way, I have added the same video on blogger, check the bottom of the same post. I hope you are able to view it now.

温馨小屋 - Never too old and you're still young. Some of the skydiver I met there are more than 60 years old.

 

Happyland on May 18, 2009 at 12:14 PM

that's amazing! you are brave lah...
scared to try too...keke

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on May 18, 2009 at 8:14 PM

ya, I can view the video already.
This is quite scary huh, I'm start thinking to tell my husband " I dont jump, you dont jump too", hahaha....

 

Colin Woon on May 18, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Happyland - You don't need to be brave to try it, just don't think...hehehe...

Sonia - Hahaha...you're funny!

 

Happyland on May 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM

just don't think...? I really cant make it ! :P
佩服你们阿~

 

Post a Comment