colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Houston Japan Festival (16)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 by , under ,

I just realized I forgot to post these photos taken at the Annual Japan Festival in Houston's Herman Park last month. Thanks to funmama for letting us know about this event.

It's an event organized by the Japan-America Society of Houston for people to experience the Japanese culture. It's spring, with the mild weather, we will go to any outdoor events, especially one with food, ha! Too bad I didn't take any photos of the food, I was hungry...

My Fish
Little lady in red.

I will catch you!
Other than foods and performances, games like this are available to entertain kids at the event. Kids are supposed to catch the fish with paper net, easy right?

Stare
Asahi beer promoter - is that a gesture telling me to stop taking photos of her? Hmmm...

Kick back...
Serenity...

People
Sea of people...

Family Fun
Bonding...



|

16 Reply to "Houston Japan Festival"

温馨小屋 on May 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM

看到这么可爱的小妹妹,你和太太是不是也想有个小孩啊?
我喜欢最后一张,感觉好好噢!

 

Petite Tish on May 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM

好怀念Herman Park,尤其是那一年的国庆烟花。
住在这里,我很少探听哪里有户外活动,因为天气实在太热。想当年和老公也常去各种festival的,回来以后,生活素质就是有差。
我在考虑今年是不是要带小洁去Kansas找我哥⋯⋯ 还是先更新护照和申请visa再说吧。

 

Nancymommy on May 28, 2009 at 1:23 AM

哈哈...那个美女的神情和眼神告诉我...你应该是对她拍个不停....哈哈...

 

若水 on May 28, 2009 at 3:09 AM

Wow!It's all about food, kimono girls and colourful decorations.

We have the similar Bon Odori in Malaysia but there is no beer promoter. Asahi beer tastes just good, I really miss it.

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on May 28, 2009 at 3:28 AM

I like the last photo too..
Stop taking 美女 photos, otherwise the 美女 in your house will be "makan cuka" lor, hahaha..

 

米亚 on May 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM

I didn't know Houston is so much fun until I saw all your photos! I am kind of looking forward to your japanese food pictures though... I like the last photo too! very warm families photo~

 

Bakeling on May 28, 2009 at 4:52 AM

I like 4th photo and how I will I can be the girl by the pool (she soaked her leg in the pool !
)as the weather here is extremely hot !!

 

Happyland on May 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I like the picture of cute little girl with cute little outfit holding her little prize.
great shot!

 

Colin Woon on May 28, 2009 at 8:14 AM

温馨小屋 - 小孩?! We can't even take care of ourselves, I doubt we can take care of a 小孩, hahaha...

Petite Tish - We still missed you all here in Houston, plan a trip to Houston too, I will make sure its a fun trip for you all!

Nancy - I did 拍个不停 hahaha...

jdexign - I have no idea there's Bon Odori in Malaysia, maybe I hardly go out much, ha! The Asahi girl is actually giving out free beer but too bad I don't drink, such a waste.

Sonia - My wife is my #1 美女 always, that being said, she don't mind me looking as long as I don't touch, hahaha...

米亚 - Houston could be fun if you seek out all the fun activities around town. I like the last photo too, I took many photos of that family because they look so happy together but only 1 turn out good.

Bakeling - The girl in that photo sure knows how to enjoy.

Happyland - She's just so cute, too bad I don't have more photos of her.

 

Cheryl on June 1, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Beautiful photos, the red kimono one is my favourite! :)

 

choi yen on June 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM

That beer girl starring at u with smile ler~~ :p

 

Colin Woon on June 1, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Cheryl - Red kimono is my fav too!

mimid3vils - :)

 

Faye fly on June 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM

pretty little cute jp gal ah!!

 

Pei on June 4, 2009 at 12:45 AM

I don't think it is easy to catch fish with the paper net? Was it easy for you, Colin? BTW are you a professional photographer?

 

Colin Woon on June 4, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Faye fly - She is, too bad I only manage take 1 photo of her.

Pei - I didn't play that fish catching game, though I would like to but then I will be the only adult playing, hahaha...

No, I'm not a professional photographer, I wish I'm that good, ha!

 

Unknown on December 16, 2010 at 7:57 AM

at the second photo what is the name of that game????..

 

Post a Comment