colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Crackberry (15)

Monday, June 08, 2009 by , under ,

Yup, Faye and I have ventured into Berryland, I have bought us each a Blackberry Curve 8900. Why a BlackBerry, you ask? Well, Faye is a system administrator, she needs a email/mobile device to monitor her company's email and computer servers. Me, I just need a phone upgrade(like most guys always do, right?).

What do I think of our first BlackBerry?

This relationship will work because
(1) you're one beautiful BlackBerry(even wifey said so).
(2) BlackBerry App World - good looking free software?! Why not?
(3) Awesome email app - I can check email while sitting on the toilet? Cool!
(4) Full browser - much much much better than Microsoft mobile browser.
(5) Built in GPS - errr...no excuse to be lost again?

Possible reason for breakup
(1) you're beautiful but why can't you be as cool as the iPhone.
(2) No 3G?! We're in 2009, aren't we?

The Curve 8900
Storm Trooper poking BlackBerry with gun - "No 3G, really?"

Meeting...
Storm Trooper #1 - "What is this thing here?"
Storm Trooper #2 - "Based on my finding on Wiki, it's called BlackBerry, a.k.a. CrackBerry to those addicted to it."
Storm Trooper #3 - "Is it edible? I'm hungry..."

Twin Curve
Got both phones from Costco for $70 each(upgrade) after rebates with a 2 years contract(T-Mobile is selling 'em at $150 a piece). I get very excited when I found good deals, just like my wife finding the right pair of shoes on sales.


These photos were captured with the help of my newly acquired light tent, still trying figure out how to best use it. So which photo do you prefer? Faye like the 2nd photo more since you can see the Lego people better(she like Lego people) but that shot doesn't present the phone screen so well. What do you think?



|

15 Reply to "Crackberry"

温馨小屋 on June 8, 2009 at 10:56 PM

waw!! very nice BlackBerry.....
"can check email while sitting on the toilet"...waw!! this is really cool!!

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on June 8, 2009 at 11:22 PM

I like the 2nd photo too, more fun to see it.
You really got a good dealt, $70 ( about RM280), dont think we can get it here..
There is a mobile company in here also came out with a great promotion, free iPhone with 2 years contracts, my husband going to get one for him but too bad not for me,,,,

 

Bakeling on June 9, 2009 at 1:01 AM

They are beautiful and convenient gadgets ! I am afraid I don't know how to use it !
Moreover , I like the other tool....

 

twister on June 9, 2009 at 3:14 AM

My husband always said BlackBerry phone is the best phone in the world, but it is too advance for me...

Well, heard apple is going to launch new iphone and selling at $99 in US, right?

 

米亚 on June 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Alex's birthday is coming up and Blackberry did spring into my mind for some reasons... but in the end I decided to get him some lower ranking mobile cause he is pretty slow at electronics... hmmmm... thats a bargain to get a second blackberry! What an analogy! Like my wife bought another pair of shoes... hahahha! It does look cool!

 

Colin Woon on June 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM

温馨小屋 - Glad that you find "check email while sitting on the toilet" is cool, my wife didn't think so...hahaha...

Sonia - 2 years contract and a free iPhone?! That's a very good deal, there's no such deal here though. Ask your husband to buy you one, tell him, no iPhone, no nasi lemak...hehehe...

Bakeling - You won't know unless you try. Btw, what's the other tool?

Twister - Good to know that your husband like the BlackBerry so much! I'm still exploring it. I know a new iPhone was announced yesterday but I don't know how much is it going to be, I like $99 for sure!

米亚 - As long as he's quick and good in the kitchen, he will be fine...hahaha...

 

Kwee Hoon on June 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM

NICE !!!!

 

若水 on June 9, 2009 at 11:35 AM

The 2nd one looks fantastic, the Storm Troopers make the photo alive, together with superb lighting.

 

Petite Tish on June 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM

除了羡慕,还是羡慕⋯⋯ 幸福的美国人啊!:D

 

Colin Woon on June 9, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Kwee Hoon - Very nice!

jdexign - Thanks man! Maybe I should use more Storm Troopers as stand in for future photos...hahaha...

HK - No need to 羡慕! You guys have good deal on iPhone too, FREE! Read twister comment above!

 

Bakeling on June 10, 2009 at 4:29 AM

Colin : Camera !

 

summer on June 10, 2009 at 6:29 AM

新電話哦~呵呵,外形和功能都被你介紹的挺讚的哦~而且兩人用同款,sweet~:)

 

Colin Woon on June 10, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Bakeling - Hurry up and buy your new camera already...hehehe...

Summer - :)

 

Cheryl on June 11, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I hubby has one of these. And I keep referring to his phone as 'blackcurrent', gosh, he laughs at me like I am having a senior moment. Haha.

I was thinking of getting the iPhone because I liked the maps feature!

 

Colin Woon on June 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Cheryl - Hahaha..."blackcurrent" I can't help but to LOL!

iPhone is very cool! I would like one too but not practical for us just yet. I can see you using an iPhone! Post pics of it if you decide to buy one!

 

Post a Comment