colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Light Indulgence Or Is it? (23)

Friday, June 12, 2009 by , under ,

Have you tried Japanese Cheesecake? If not, I suggest you do so ASAP. Yes, NOW!

Japanese Cheesecake is so light and fluffy, some even use the words "cotton soft" to describe it, it's unbelievably good! I love it! Wait, I shall rephrase, I love the one my wife made! (Yup, that will guarantee more to come in the future, hehehe...)

This is not the first time she made it but this time she adds a little twist to it. More like spur of the moment decision since the heavy whipped cream in our fridge is about to expire, why not add it in? Mixer + heavy whipped cream + Kahlua and minutes later, voila! A Japanese Cheesecake that has layers of texture, taste, and GOODNESS!

Oh, the cheesecake is cut into heart shape because Faye thought it will look more interesting in a photo and also the fact that heart shape food makes happy food!

Japanese Cheesecake
Baking chocolate is added for flavor and texture. The bitterness of the chocolate goes really well with the sweetened whipped cream and the softness of the cheesecake.

Japanese Cheesecake
My favorite of the 3. For me, almond goes well with any dessert, no?

Japanese Cheesecake
The chocolate powder didn't do so well here but I still enjoy the cheesecake nevertheless.



|

23 Reply to "Light Indulgence Or Is it?"

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on June 12, 2009 at 11:25 PM

yeah, I number one again.
You are a lucky guy, can enjoyed your lovely wife's Japanese cheesecake, can ask Faye to share with us this lovely recipe, I wanna to try it out.

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on June 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

sorry, forgot to tell you, I like that one with almond, yummy yummy...

 

Petite Tish on June 12, 2009 at 11:38 PM

不要给我老公看到,他会妒嫉的!
你确定你亲爱的不考虑开一家蛋糕店?搞定IT的问题,和看到食客脸上的喜悦相比,哪个满足感比较大?不想开店?那接手做cake catering也可以啊,最好还可以快邮递送到我家的,嘻嘻。

 

Bakeling on June 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Wow ,can I have all three ? ( 我是贪吃鬼!)

Lucky man , how many pieces have you taken ? (从实招来!)

I have the same thinking like Emile although I seldom bake cheesecake , just curious what is the ingredients ?

 

Nancymommy on June 13, 2009 at 3:08 AM

不读清楚..我还以为是日本餐厅里买的cheesecake呢!!
你的老婆也好厉害!

 

若水 on June 13, 2009 at 3:55 AM

The photos are awesome!

They could be used as wallpaper on the office computer for work motivation,:)

 

summer on June 13, 2009 at 5:49 AM

the cheese cake look really tasty~do we have chances to taste it too~sharing is caring mah~:)

 

温馨小屋 on June 13, 2009 at 5:57 AM

噢!! 每个都那么美!我也是全都要!!口水流满地了啦!!

 

米亚 on June 13, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Your wife is a legend! That is definately a fine dining restaurant's delicacy... wow! you have a 3 star chef at home to prepare you all this~ I wish I can do as good!

 

米亚 on June 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I clicked on yoru blog link and the window brought me to here, and all of sudden I noticed your facebook photo and you looked very gorgeous! Handsome man~ woo hoo~ phewittt~ hehehe... *opps... please excuse my misbehavious*

 

Colin Woon on June 13, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Sonia - Ha! Glad that you made #1 today! Yes, I'm a very lucky guy! Faye is finding the recipe for me, I will email it to you later.

HK - Thank you! Faye is flattered by your comment! I thought she did a pretty good job but she still think it's lacking somewhat. :)

Bakeling - I lost count at how many pieces I had, hahaha...too many, I guess. The main ingredient is still cream cheese like regular cheesecake but the procedure is slightly different, I was told.

Nancy - Wow! That was a really good compliment! Thank you!

jdexign - Wallpaper?! Hahaha...you're too kind! Thank you!

 

Colin Woon on June 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

summer - I will share with you the recipe...hehehe...that's caring enough, right?

温馨小屋 - I'm sure a simple Japanese Cheesecake like this will be easy for an awesome baker like you. Bake one and share with us?

米亚 - You & Alex are amazing (iron) chef! Of course you can do as good!

Wow! Your comment of my facebook photo put a big smile on my face :)! I am flattered. Unfortunately, handsome is definitely not a word my friend will use to describe me, ha! Don't believe what you see on the internet, photo can be greatly "enhanced", hahaha...

 

MSKY on June 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM

the cheese cakes looks very yummy and the photo looks very professional !

 

MSKY on June 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM

ya, i'm having problem leaving the comment using firefox browser, can you try?

 

funmama on June 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Yummy! sure taste good....You are right, Japanese Cheesecake is so delicious and light....

 

Colin Woon on June 14, 2009 at 9:59 PM

MSKY - Thank you! Btw, I'm leaving comment using firefox with no problem.

funmama - Yup, definitely!

 

Selba on June 14, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Wow... what a nice shape of heart for the cheesecake! Love the touch of cherries on each photo :)

 

Faye fly on June 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM

幸福的男人﹗﹗
羨慕死我啦﹗﹗
你老婆萬歲﹗﹗

 

温馨小屋 on June 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM

那我也要食谱哦!

 

Colin Woon on June 15, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Selba - heart shape makes people happy, says my wife. :)

Faye fly - 老婆萬歲! Hahaha...

温馨小屋 - Sure sure, no problem...

 

Shell (貝殼) on June 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM

你妻子很强哦。。单看照片已经让我肚子饿了
我好想学但KL找不到老师, 想吃但好难找到好吃@=。=

 

Colin Woon on June 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Shell (貝殼) - Hehehe...she's pretty good. Actually, she followed recipes found on the internet. Give it a try, you might surprise yourself.

 

choi yen on June 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Heart shape cheesecake~~ sweet + sweet ler~~

 

Post a Comment