Yes, our first new car! We're still very very excited.
It's a 2008 Toyota Highlander Sport Edition, much bigger than our old Camry, definitely a plus when we need to haul something big.
Amazingly the Highlander is not as much a gas guzzler as I thought it will be. It's rated for 18mpg(miles per gallon) in the city and 24mpg on the highway. When we go to San Antonio over the weekend we observed 24.5mpg on the highway and 21mpg with city and highway combined, not bad for a SUV.
Things we like about our new car:
- 3rd-row seat (7 passengers total)
- backup camera
- power rear door
- automatic climate control
- 2nd-row seat center stow (interchangeable and removable)
- 19 inch wheel
- 7 airbags (holy cow!)
Things we would like to have in our new car:
- navigational system ($2500 option is a bit too much, I'm cheap)
- leather seats (yeah, too much again)
- split 3rd-row seat (Toyota engineer, what were you thinking? Honda has it!)
Look at that new paint shine!
The dealer still owe us a runner board(side step) which will be installed once the parts arrived. I think it will look better with the runner board.
Itty bitty backup camera, can you see where is it?