colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

San Antonio, TX - River Walk at Night (5)

Friday, June 27, 2008 by , under , ,

We made a short trip to San Antonio last weekend as a farewell trip for Zoe. It's also one last trip the three Siow sisters made together before Zoe fly back to Malaysia for good.

It was a fun trip! Even though it's short, it's definitely an interesting one. Good time, good time.

The hotel we stayed in is right on the San Antonio River Walk. While everybody was busy getting ready for bed, I was on the River Walk snapping away. Results weren't very satisfactory, definitely need to improve my night shots. I love night shots, just not mine, I could never get the setting right. Any advice?

San Antonio, TX - River Walk at Night
Busiest stretch on River Walk. This is around 1am on Friday night. Noticed a girl in the picture is pointing her DSLR at my direction as well, funny. (f/11 for 30s)

San Antonio, TX - River Walk at Night
This potentially could be a great shot but I didn't have long enough exposure to blur out all the motion. I felt that the motion blop is kind of distracting. You think? (f/2.5 for 2.5s)

San Antonio, TX - River Walk at Night
Our hotel is on the left side of this photo, across Market St. (f/2.5 for 30s)

San Antonio, TX - River Walk at Night
Light, what light? I like the reflection of the light from the water. Personal observation, to get the star effect from the light, set aperture to at least f/11. Can somebody confirm that? (f/16 for 30s)



|

5 Reply to "San Antonio, TX - River Walk at Night"

Petite Tish on July 3, 2008 at 9:28 AM

以我看來,照片都拍得很美啊!那些燈光和水影都有醉人之美。你可以改行做攝影師了!

 

Colin Woon on July 3, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for the compliment! I'm still an amateur photographer.

 

Cheryl on July 5, 2008 at 11:30 AM

I like your shots very much Colin. Very sharp, good colours. I'm impressed, well done!

What lens did you use for these? Amazing detail. I normally set mine to f22, the next time I will try at f11 and see what happens :)

 

Colin Woon on July 5, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Thanks Cheryl! I'm glad you like it, that's a real good encouragement for me!

I used the Canon EF50mm f/1.8. It's cheap and good!

 

BH on July 15, 2008 at 11:29 AM

f/22 will give you the star burst effect from the lights. I'll post a photo I took in DC on my site so you can take a look.

 

Post a Comment