colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Chow Down in Taiwan - Almost Done... (12)

Saturday, April 11, 2009 by , under ,

Yup, yet another Taiwan food post! I think there's one more after this to complete my "Chown Down in Taiwan" series, almost done... Yes, I know I'm slow at this blogging thing.

My god mother insist that we should go to "Din Tai Fung" even though I told her I have tried it in Singapore. Let just say I'm glad she insisted, the original in Taipei was better. Even their services were much better than the one in Singapore.

And I just realized that "Din Tai Fung" has restaurant in quite a number of countries - Taiwan, Japan, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, US, Malaysia, and Australia...Wow!

Din Tai Fung

Steamed Dumpling
The infamous steamed green vegetable and pork dumplings.

Wonton Soup
Green vegetable and pork wonton soup.

Glass Noodle Soup
Glass noodle soup with fried bean curd and pork rolls.

Pork Chop Fried Rice
Pork Chop Fried Rice.

Steamed Red Bean Rice Cake
Steamed Red Bean Rice Cake.

Covered Up
They even have one of this thing to cover your bags - my camera bag in this case. My jacket which was hung on the chair was also covered! That's a first for me to experience this kind of service...maybe I should go out more often...


My favorite is of course their steamed dumpling. I like their pork chop fried rice too. Which one do you like?



|

12 Reply to "Chow Down in Taiwan - Almost Done..."

温馨小屋 on April 11, 2009 at 4:00 AM

哇!好美味哦!
说真的,如果去台湾不吃些美食,还真的不像是去台湾。。。如果还有台湾美食的照片,再post上来,让我们流流口水也好。

 

Bakeling on April 11, 2009 at 11:46 AM

How did you tell your godmother that you wanted to take the photos first before she could take all those hot and delicious food ?

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on April 11, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I like the Pork chop fried rice too, look really yummy. I want the steamed red bean rice cake too. They have a branch in Malaysia? I need to find out and go there to try all these delicious foods.

 

Colin Woon on April 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM

温馨小屋 - That's me, where ever I go, good food is the priority! I like your new profile and header pics! Very cool!

Bakeling - My god mother is used to the idea that I have to take photos of every dish before digging in. So she always push all the dishes in front of me until I'm done taking photos, ha!

Sonia - I think it's in Pavilion Mall if I remember correctly, double check that. Ya, you should try it, their foods are quite good.

 

Nancymommy on April 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM

嗯..好像是在Mid Valley - The Gardens - 鼎泰丰...
我在台湾信义路的总行吃过,但只觉得还好罢了,不过门口却大排长龙...

 

Faye fly on April 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM

哇哇哇哇﹗﹗﹗我的最愛鼎泰豐的steam red bean rice cake !!!!! 紅豆鬆糕好懷念哦﹗﹗﹗﹗﹗﹗﹗

 

Colin Woon on April 13, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Nancy - Oppps...I thought it's in Pavilion... Thanks for the clarification, Nancy! I don't think we went to 鼎泰丰 at 信义路 but then again, I'm not sure...hahaha...
Maybe its because I haven't had any good authentic Asian food for a while and when I arrive in Taipei, all food taste good, ha!

Faye fly - Yeah, the 紅豆鬆糕 was very good!

 

Bakeling on April 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Singapore's 「鼎泰丰」is at 百利宫(Paragon)

 

Bakeling on April 13, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Colin ,pls visit this :

http://googlephotos.blogspot.com

you might like it.

My camera killed himself 2 days ago. So , I have no camera to use now ! ( My heart is broken !)

 

Colin Woon on April 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Oh no!!! Your camera is dead?! Well, time for a new one! What're you planning to get?

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on April 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM

me too, these few days no camera to use, my husband took it to the office. So I keep chasing my husband to return it back to me, I'm so bore w/o the camera, am also try not to use mobile phone to capture photos, no quality..

 

Colin Woon on April 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Sonia - Ask your hubby to buy another camera! Hehehe...

 

Post a Comment