colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

I See Blue... (21)

Thursday, April 30, 2009 by , under ,

Took these shots 2 weeks ago, finally got to uploading it. I blame the delay on...errr...never mind...

These are shots of Texas state flower, Bluebonnet. Bluebonnet is a type of wild flower just like these.

We drove around Chappell Hill, Texas, for a good half hour until we saw this amazing patch of Bluebonnet. This piece of land belongs to Lillian Farms Bed & Breakfast, a pretty cool place. The owner was kind enough to let us take photos inside the compound and we did.

Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 @ f/2.8
Bluebonnet 1
#1

Bluebonnet 2
#2

Bluebonnet 3
#3

Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS @ f/8 with circular polarizer (A really impressive kit lens)
Bluebonnet 4
#4

Bluebonnet 5
#5

Bluebonnet 6
#6


So which photo do you like the most?

I have more Bluebonnet photos coming up soon...very soon...I hope.



|

21 Reply to "I See Blue..."

Nancymommy on April 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM

看了你的相片不会feel "BLUE"啦...很美很美!我要买相机!!!

 

Nancymommy on April 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM

忘了说..祝五一假期愉快!:)

 

Bakeling on April 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM

你把它们拍得太美了!

美丽的东西就在我们的周围,不是吗?

 

Bakeling on April 30, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I like photos no 3 and 5 because I think their compositions are good .

 

Colin Woon on April 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Nancy - Thank you! Enjoy your holiday! Which camera are you buying? :)

Bakeling - Beautiful things are all around us, we just have to capture them with our eyes and camera. #3 & #5, noted!

 

Petite Tish on May 1, 2009 at 4:10 AM

I think it's a great place for picnic and kite plying.
My favorite, #2. Reason being, it's "clean" and serene. It leads my eyes firstly from the Bluebonnet to the tree, then to the beautiful house in the far end and finally to the clear blue sky. The journey is soothing to the eyes and mind. :)
My friend, on your next trip back, will you be interested to take family pictures for us? Free models plus dinner on me. Think about it. :D

 

米亚 on May 1, 2009 at 4:39 AM

I dont know! All look equally good to me! If I were to pick one of them, the first photo would be my preference~ your cameras produce really good colour saturation... really amazing!

 

Colin Woon on May 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Petite Tish - Definitely a good place for picnic, the weather was awesome that day too but we didn't bring anything for picnic.

Good observation about #2! I will keep that in mind on my next shoot.

Family photos for you guys?! And free dinner?! SURE!!! I will do it even if you don't offer dinner but knowing how well you cook, how can I pass that up? I have bought some equipments for portrait, and family photo is the area I want to improve on. Free model, I like!


米亚 - All good?! Wow! Thank you! I have enhance the color slightly with Photoshop...hehehe...

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on May 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Colin, I'm last again. How was your Labour Holiday? All photos are look awesome. Like Petite Tish said, this is a great place for picnic, kids sure love it.

 

何師奶 on May 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Wow~ 你影嘅相片實在太出色呢~ 我係由基絲汀度見到佢話你太太整嘅多士好出色,所以好奇下走咗入嚟,嘩~ 果然好吸引呢~ 其實更吸引我嘅就係你所拍攝嘅相片,每一張都好似post card咁呢~

 

Agnes Sim on May 4, 2009 at 2:13 AM

wow...i like those photos! Great shots!!

 

若水 on May 4, 2009 at 4:20 AM

This is the time to come out and shoot great photos.

The lovely sun makes the sky so blue that even the flowers feel so happy.

I love number 5's composition, perhaps with more saturation.

 

温馨小屋 on May 4, 2009 at 10:11 AM

waw waw waw!! i like no.#3 and #4.
specially no.#4...oh....i like the blue ...It's awesome!!!

 

Happyland on May 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM

温馨小屋全部都喜欢啊!哈哈
你都把它们拍得太美了!!

 

Reanaclaire on May 5, 2009 at 9:16 AM

wow..I see a Pro photographer here...

 

Colin Woon on May 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Sonia - US observe labor day on the first Monday in September so we didn't have a day off last Friday. Yup, kids will definitely love this field.

何師奶 - Welcome to my blog! Post card photos?! Wow! You're too kind!

Agnes Sim, 温馨小屋, Happyland, reanaclaire - Thank you! I'm really glad you girls like it and thank you for the compliments, definitely made my day!

jdexign - The sun was great for these shots. #5 with more saturation, noted.

 

Cheryl on May 7, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Circular polariser? Oh wow... what's that :P Did you use HDR on the photos? I still haven't figured out how to shoot in RAW. Do you need to add an extension to Photoshop?

Sorry so many tech-y geek-y questions at one go :P

 

Colin Woon on May 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Cheryl - Circular polarizer is ideal for outdoor shot, it's like sunglasses for your lens. It's useful in eliminating reflection on water and glasses as well.

Photoshop should be able to process RAW by default, if not you can download RAW driver from Canon website.

I thought you have been shooting in RAW mode since you have done such a good job in processing your photos! Amazing!

 

summer on May 11, 2009 at 4:16 AM

第一次来呢:)那些花在镜头下显得多一份好看:)不会蓝,而是浅浅的浪漫韵味:)

 

Colin Woon on May 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Hi Summer! Welcome! Glad you like my photos!

 

布莱恩 on May 16, 2009 at 8:51 AM

路过,很Gorgeous的照片,美!
#4 蓝与绿的对比,环保。

 

Post a Comment