colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

In The Wild (12)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 by , under ,

Wild flower is the sign of Spring here in Texas and it's also the sign of allergy season for some people, unfortunately.

Usually there are a lot of wild flowers on the side of the highway but this year the wild flowers population seems to have reduced. Lucky for me, I was at a place way out in the country doing some volunteer works a few weeks ago and I was able captured these shots.

Sun Rise
Alright this isn't wild flower but I thought it was a great shot to be included here. Captured at 8am in the morning, same place where I took photo below.

Texas Wild Flower
Yellow flower bed. I have captured some Blue Bonnet wild flower photos last weekend but I still haven't work on it yet, procrastinating as usual... Soon, very soon, I will get to it...maybe...



|

12 Reply to "In The Wild"

Nancymommy on April 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM

哈哈...今天我抢了第一...你的照相技术真的不是盖的!

 

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover on April 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Why today I only manage to get No2 place, hahaha...
The 2nd photo is awesome, nice captured.

 

Colin Woon on April 22, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Nancy - Yes you're #1, hahaha... Thank you for your compliments!

Sonia - You have a good reason to be #2. I hope your son get well soon!

 

温馨小屋 on April 22, 2009 at 10:05 PM

我喜欢那张一整片黄色的花和蓝蓝的天空!
可以想象到躺在花丛里看着蓝天的那种感觉!

 

Petite Tish on April 23, 2009 at 1:08 AM

第一张,天空的云朵让我想到恐怖片⋯⋯哈!你用什么设定?怎么拍出酱的效果?你真的不要收我做徒弟?哼!

 

米亚 on April 23, 2009 at 4:13 AM

I am impressed with the first photo! I didn't know you can freeze the clouds...!

 

Bakeling on April 23, 2009 at 5:29 AM

其实我很想知道那些黄色的花朵是怎样的?(How do they look like ? )是不是让你也来macro 一番?(哈哈哈哈....)

 

Colin Woon on April 23, 2009 at 9:54 AM

温馨小屋 - I think 躺在花丛里看着蓝天 is a girl thing because my wife said the same thing too but I have never thought of that, I just thought of "click, click, click" hahaha...

Petite Tish - 恐怖片?! Now that you mention it, yeah, it does look a bit like that. I use 18mm focal length, that way you'll have dramatic effect like in this picture. 收你做徒弟?! You're too kind! I don't think I'm qualified yet.

米亚 - Freezing the cloud?! Yeah, it does looks like the cloud is moving fast, cool!

Bakeling - My bad! That's my only regret for that day, I didn't take any macro shot of the yellow flower. I'll remember next time...hehehe...

 

choi yen on April 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM

我几时才能拍到像你那样的照片呢? 很美~~~

我很喜欢看花海, 下次记得多拍哦, 我这里没机会看到 :(

 

卡珞 on April 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM

黄色的野花好漂亮诶!女孩子看到一定很兴奋,想要躺在那儿拍张照片留念,我就是其中之一咯!我在美国的时候,也是常被这些野花吸引着,因为在国内找不到的。。哈!那时候,我就是躺在那。。享受大自然!

谢谢您的分享,真的好美!

 

twister on April 24, 2009 at 1:56 AM

我蛮喜欢第一张照片, 意境很美...

你的照片真的拍得太好了....难怪Sonia, nancy, felvinc他们是这里的常客;以前不常来, 我想我错过很多...

 

Colin Woon on April 26, 2009 at 10:49 PM

mimid3vils - I have some more wild flower photos coming soon, stay tune!

卡珞 - We love to enjoy the nature too! Seeing field of wild flowers definitely make us happy !

twister - Thank you for your compliments! Come by often!

 

Post a Comment