colinwoon

A little bit of everything through the lens.

Macaron - First Encounter (2)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 by , under , ,

Finally!!! We found macaron in Houston!

I have no idea what Macaron is a month ago, then I saw the first macaron on Flickr. It was on a fellow Flickr friend's page, Zabaione. Based on the photos she posted, she seems to be a really great baker and a great cook too! Definitely a macaron lover and a great photographer. Her macaron photos look so good, that's the reason why I want to find out what macaron taste like. Check out her blog too!

We found macaron at Midtown Farmers Market last Saturday morning by chance. It was sold by a lady named Maison Burdisso. According to her, not many people sell macaron in Houston(possibly 3 including herself), that's why it's so hard to find.

Macaron sure is a very interesting dessert. It's like cookies with crispy shell and creamy filling in the middle. It sure is tasty! No wonder so many people like it. Faye and I love it!

Macarons
Clockwise from left lavenders, caramel, tiramisu, lime, lemon, and chocolate in the middle.

Macarons
Tiramisu flavored macaron is definitely one of our favorite.

Macarons
Lime flavored macaron is my favorite.



|

2 Reply to "Macaron - First Encounter"

Bake with heart on May 30, 2008 at 2:21 AM

oh! woo! finally you found them!!!

the taste really nice as it look :)))

i'm pretty sure.

 

Anonymous on July 13, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for the great pics of my macarons and the kind words. I am glad to make people happy with my macarons. J Burdisso

 

Post a Comment